Rio Costilla is the ideal location whether you are planning a get-a-way for two people or a family vacation. Weather conditions permitting, Rio Costilla opens May 15th this year (due to Covid-19 restrictions, no public restrooms; private rentals for $25/night with a two night minimum) and runs through Labor Day weekend in September this year. Latir lakes open pending on road conditions and the spawning of the native trout typically the first week of July. We recommend you confirm dates and rates they are subject to change. We recommend you visit online casino Champion site. Absolutely NO FIREWORKS.
Rio Costilla Fees
Entrance fees to Rio Costilla apply, whether you choose to take a brief tour or stay the night. Daily Entrance fee must be paid. Daytime entrance allows the permit holder to take a scenic drive, picnic or relax with family and friends during daylight hours. Camping entrance fee allows visitors Rio Costilla access up to a maximum of 24 hours.
Note: Absolutely NO REFUNDS for online permits or entry to Rio Costilla itself. Purchasing online will not guarantee you a spot. Canoes and kayaks are allowed at the lakes.
Entrance and/or Overnight Camping
- Day Entrance Only: $10.00 per vehicle per day. Day entry up to 8:00 PM Only.
- Dry camping for tents & RVs.
- Overnight Entrance for Camping: $25.00 per vehicle per day. Fee covers up to 24 Hours
- Fishing: An Additional $10.00 per person per day
- Fishing fee applies for Rio Costilla Streams and/or Lakes Only
- New Mexico State Fishing License Required for Rio Costilla Streams and Costilla River
- Daily permit entitles visitors to camp, picnic, hike, or bicycle ride within designated areas of Rio Costilla
- Campsites are not be left unattended for more than 24-hours
- Permits Available at Main Rio Costilla Gate Entrance and also at El Gato RV Campground
- Trash dumpster – located across from big Canopy in Rio Costilla
- Septic Waste dump site – located at the old El Gato Lodge
- No Potable water in Rio Costilla, however RVs/Trailers can be filled with potable water at the Rio Costilla main office, located in Costilla, NM.
Out-of-town and Out-of -state Season Passes
- Season passes available. Passes entitles visitors and immediate family (spouse, and any children under the age of 18 years old) to enjoy fishing, camping and recreational activities on Rio Costilla open acres only. Contact the RCCLA Office if interested, 575-586-0542.
Canyon Cutties by Greg Flores